LAUNCH Manchester (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health)
LAUNCH Manchester, a federal initiative funded by SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), is pioneering new ways to promote young child wellness. LAUNCH Manchester is working to ensure Manchester’s agencies work together to provide children and families a great start. We’re building strong partnerships that will lead to the replication of successful practices we’ve tried in Manchester and sustainable systems improvements that will last beyond the life of the project.
LAUNCH’s direct service prevention and promotion strategies include:
• Community-based collaboration
• Increasing developmental screening
• Integrating behavioral health into primary care
• Behavioral support coaching
• Enhancing home visitation
• Family strengthening and parent education
• Trauma-informed responses to adverse childhood experiences
The goal is for all children to enter school with the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical skills they need to succeed.