We are pleased to celebrate the one year anniversary of the opening of the ProHealth Integrated Care program! Located on the first floor of 1555 Elm Street, Manchester, NH, the ProHealth program enrolled their first patient a year ago this past August. Despite a series of challenges—including construction and regulatory obstacles; working closely with our partner, The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester; and consolidating and continuing operations safely during a global pandemic—we have persevered!
Our partnership’s continued commitment to establishing an on-site integrated care clinic has continued, and we are back offering in-person clinic services one day a week, despite these many challenges.
What is ProHealth all about?
ProHealth NH is an integrated primary care clinic, mental health, and wellness program. The Manchester clinic is one of three community mental health centers in New Hampshire, with the other two clinics located in Nashua and Rochester. ProHealth is intended for adolescents and adults, ages 16 to 39, receiving treatment for symptoms of mental illness. Each of the ProHealth NH sites are a formal collaboration between the Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) with the regional Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) to provide an integrated mental health home with primary care on site. The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester (MHCGM) has partnered with Amoskeag Health medical services to provide whole person care. Within our ProHealth Clinic there are two offered wellness programs clients can choose to participate in.
One program addresses clients’ concerns about being overweight with a fitness and nutrition program called Healthy Choices, Healthy Changes (HCHC). Participants work closely with a one-on-one Wellness Specialist and with the In-Shape program’s Health Mentors.
The other wellness program, called Breathe Well, Live Well (BWLW), aims to address smoking cessation. This program also has clients work closely with a Wellness Specialist using Motivational Interviewing techniques to explore ambivalence, plan, support, and ultimately help people reach their goal of quitting. Each of the wellness programs offers a Wellness Specialist to assist them.
What has ProHealth Manchester been doing for the past year?
- ProHealth Manchester has enrolled 91 patients to date!
- Performance measures are an important component to the program:
- 79 baseline research assessments were completed.
- 36 follow up research assessments were done! We were the highest percentage of site follow up rates at 77% last quarter!
- ProHealth holds weekly Thursday morning integrated care team huddles with Amoskeag Health and MHCGM staff to facilitate collaboration.
- “Just the Facts about Vaping” is an online educational presentation, which has been viewed by 44 clients, and is offered to everyone enrolled in ProHealth.
- “Let’s Talk about Smoking,” a web-based motivational tool to support smoking cessation, has been viewed by 12 clients. This is offered to all clients who smoke.
- A number of program presentations have been conducted by team members internally and to our community partners.
- Bret Smith, Margaret Almeida, and the Peer Collaborative worked on identifying peer workforce challenges and solutions as part of the project and published their findings.
Special thanks to all who have made ProHealth such a success as we could not have done it without everyone’s support and assistance!